I was about to lose my ever loving mind… and so was she. We were “throw your pencil at the screen” mad…
- break the dang pencil frustrated…
- scream at one another mad…
The level of “I HATE LEARNING THIS!” was through the roof. My girl wasn’t her best and neither was I.
Perhaps this resonates? Is this part of your daily homeschool norm?
When Learning Leads To Frustration, Tears & Broken Pencils
When homeschooling, it’s easy for us moms to feel overwhelmed when our kids struggle to learn. Add in our kids’ overwhelm and frustration, and challenging behavior can easily amplify the dynamic. In those highly emotional moments, it’s hard to know how to handle homeschool behavior problems.
I certainly don’t have all the answers, but one thing I do know is this. How I respond to my kid’s “behavior problems” makes all the difference.
How To Handle Homeschool Behavior Problems- God’s Grace
Girl, I don’t know about you, but as I get older, I see more and more how desperately need God’s grace.
I constantly blow it in response to frustrations as I homeschool and parent my kids. And that’s ok.
Can I let you in on something?
Episode Highlights- Handling My Own Homeschool Behavior Problems
So in today’s episode, I chat about how God’s grace changes the way we respond in those hard moments.
Ultimately, understanding the magnitude of His grace really can help us help our children through their frustration and the often challenging outward behavior.
Today, you’ll hear about:
- My experience with both my own and my daughter’s frustration with learning a new math concept
- How our relationships with our kids and homeschool lessons can not be separate
- And how God’s grace applies to teaching our children as well as
- How to handle those home and homeschool behavior problems.
Listen in and see if this resonates with you.
Navigating Explosive Or Other Hard Behaviors In Your Homeschool?
And if you’re looking for more support to help your child navigate their own frustrations with learning, I’ve got 2 resrouces to support you!
- The Unregulated Child: Sensory Systems & Self-Regulation in Your Home & Homeschool
- The FREE 5 Day Devotional For The Exhausted Momma
Time Stamps For How To Handle Homeschool Behavior Problems
4:23 My daughter’s frustration with algebra
7:28 How God sees our frustration
8:19 Continual pushing breaks relationship
8:58 God’s BIG Grace
10:50 We can’t control our kids
Links from this episode:
- Website home: www.aheartforallstudents.com
- Homeschool Parent Training: Homeschooling the Unregulated Child
- RELATED EPISODE: Zones of Regulation & Self-Regulation For The Family
- 5 Day Devotional For The Exhausted Momma
- Barely Surviving To Outright Thriving Online Course For Moms
Exhausted By Behavioral Challenges?
Start The 5 Day Devotional For Support, Relief & Tools That Work!
As An Amazon Associate, I may earn on qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support.